Terms & Conditions
welcome to SPiritist Network!
The Spiritist Network is an online social tool to promote the dissemination of Spiritism, codified by Allan Kardec, in form of videos, audio, events, blog and most of all to connect people who share a common interest - spiritual evolution.
As a Spiritist social website we encourage debate and dialogue among members, while requesting that you respect each other. We would ask you to treat all members with charity and respect, and for this reason personal attacks will not be tolerated. Please do not join this site to promote beliefs or practices that go against our spiritual evolution.
Any content that is vulgar, sexually-explicit, discriminatory, blasphemous, hateful, threatening or violating any laws will be removed. Similarly any messages that harass, insult, belittle, bully or threaten another member will be removed.
About the terms
1. By clicking ‘I Accept' to the terms and conditions when becoming a member of the Spiritist Network and/or by using the website at www.spiritistnetwork.com ("Website") you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and the privacy statement. You must read them carefully. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions and the privacy statement, please do not access, use, or participate in Spiritist Network. If, in our reasonable opinion, you commit acts that breach these terms and conditions, we can immediately without further notice terminate your membership of this Website.
2. This Website is owned and operated by the Spiritist Society of Baltimore, Inc. Located in the City of Baltimore, Maryland – United State of America.
3. Like many websites, this Site collects information from its visitors both by permitting you to establish user accounts and to communicate directly with us via e-mail, private messaging and feedback forms. Some of the information that you submit may be personally identifiable information including sensitive information (that is, information that can be uniquely identified with you, such as your full name, address, e-mail address, phone number, and so on). Some areas of this Site may require you to submit information to enable you to benefit from the special features (such as upload contents, private messaging, etc.). You consent to us using the information you have submitted to contact you in relation to those special features and activities and to administer your participation in those activities. Any information posted in the discussion area may become public information. While we strive to protect and respect your privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose in a blog or discussion forum.
Eligibilty & Registration
4. This Website is for the general public of all ages that complies with the term and condition. We may terminate your account at any time if the term and condition were violated. You are required to create a user account before you can access certain content or submit or post material onto this Website. You must provide complete and accurate information when creating a user account, and must immediately notify us of any unauthorised use of your user account. We reserve the right to co-operate with any legal order, direction or request to disclose the identity or other information relating to anyone posting content which violates any law.
Changes and Modifications
5. We may modify these terms from time to time. In the event of a modification we will post the modified terms on the Website. The modified terms will come into effect as soon as they are posted on the Website and use of the Website after that point will be subject to the modified terms. It is your responsibility to review these Terms regularly. By continuing to use the Spiritist Network you will be deemed to have accepted the modified terms.
6. All intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered), including copyright videos, design, patents, photographs, illustrations, articles, software and trade marks in and on the Website shall remain vested with us or our licensors (including other users) (Our Materials). You might have permission to copy, reproduce, broadcast, transmit, download or otherwise use of our materials upon authorization was granted by the Spiritist Network administrator. You MUST NOT use any material published in the website for commercial gain. You agree not to modify Our Materials without our express prior written consent.
7. This Website may contain links to other websites (Linked Sites). These Linked Sites are outside of our control and as such we do not accept responsibility or liability for their content, materials, products or services, or warrant the accuracy or security of the Linked Sites. If you use a Linked Site you do so entirely at your own risk. Our inclusion of links to Linked Sites does not imply any endorsement of the material on them or any association with their owners or operators. Linked Sites may contain advertisements or hyperlinks to other sites - such advertisements or hyperlinked materials are not recommendations or endorsements by us and we are not responsible for the products or services being advertised. If you access other content or services from third party sites, we are not responsible for your compliance with local laws or other applicable laws.
Linking to this Website
8. We permit you to provide links to this Website. You may use the name "Spiritist Network" in the text of any such link, you may not use our logo or any of our other trade marks without our prior consent. You must not frame this Website, or represent or imply that any part of the Website belongs to anyone other than us. If we notify you that we object to the way in which you provide links to this Website, you must immediately cease providing such links.
9. We respect the intellectual property rights of others and prohibit materials that violate another party's intellectual property rights. If you believe that any material on this Website infringes copyright, please send a written notification (e-mail) of such infringement to us with your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address. We will use our reasonable endeavors to contact the source of the allegedly infringing material and may remove any content within a reasonable time. We reserve the right to take any further steps we deem necessary to further investigate such content.
Conditions of Use
10. The Website is built to allow members (referred to as "you" or "the member") to communicate with each other.
THINK VERY CAREFULLY ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL PRIVACY AND SAFETY:
As Spiritist Network is about sharing information and ideas with other like minded people, individuals or organizations that you interact with while using the Website may approach you to organize offline meetings or activities. You must satisfy yourself as to the identity of any persons or organizations that you agree to meet offline and that their intentions for meeting with you are bona fide. We do not guarantee or warrant in any way that persons who you interact with on the Website are who they claim to be. For example, just because a user says that they are a Spiritist (and he/she knows Spiritism, etc.) does not necessarily mean that they are.
MAKE SURE YOU ALWAYS MEET OFFLINE SAFELY: -
MAKE SURE YOU USE THE WEBSITE SAFELY: -
YOU SHOULD ALSO BE AWARE THAT INFORMATION THAT YOU POST ON THIS OR ANY OTHER SITE MAY AFFECT YOUR OFFLINE LIFE, FOR EXAMPLE YOU MUST NOT POST PERSONAL INFORMATION DETAILS INCLUDING YOUR ADDRESS, TELEPHONE NUMBER, YEAR OF BIRTH OR ANY OTHER INFORMATION WHICH MIGHT POSE A RISK TO YOUR PERSONAL PRIVACY OR EVEN SAFETY.
More information about using social networks safely can be found at:
Safety tips on social networking: http://www.connectsafely.org/Table/Safety-Tips/
11. You may only use the Website for lawful purposes, in a responsible manner, and in accordance with these terms and conditions. By using this Website:
Furthermore, by using this Website you agree that you will not:
This site may be accessed throughout the USA and overseas. We make no representation that the content of this site complies with the laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside the USA. If you access this site from other Countries, you do so on your own account and are responsible for ensuring compliance with all laws in the place where you are located.
We reserve the right to edit, refuse to post, or to remove content submitted by you in our sole discretion.
12. You must not make any false assertion or misrepresentation of any kind while using the Website, including as to your name, age, gender, title, occupation, qualification, accreditation, expertise or your associations, affiliations or memberships. You also must not use the Website for any immoral, illegal or criminal purpose. We have the right in our sole discretion to undertake any checks or investigations that we deem necessary from time to time in respect to all assertions and representations made by you, and all activity undertaken by you, while using the Website. We have the right in our sole discretion to refuse your access to the Website and to terminate your user account at any time if we believe that you have made a false assertion or misrepresentation, or have used the Website for an immoral, illegal or criminal purpose or otherwise breached these terms and conditions.
13. You are responsible and liable for all your activities while using and participating in activities on the Spiritist Network. We are not liable for any loss of confidentiality or for any damages arising from your failure to comply with Website security measures. We request that you promptly report to us any unauthorized use of your user account and password. You agree that we are not liable for any damage which may result from your neglect or otherwise from your use of the Website.
14. The Spiritist Network areas are not designed as the primary places to store any materials; you are responsible for creating backups of materials you post to Spiritist Network such as photos, videos, documents and software, etc. We are not responsible for loss of access to, or deletion or alteration of any materials.
15. We offer no conditions or warranties, representations or any other terms in relation to the Website. The use of this Website is at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we hereby exclude all conditions and warranties (express and implied) of any kind. To the extent permitted by law, liability under any condition or warranty which cannot be legally excluded is limited at our option to replacement or resupply of goods or services or payment for the same. While we endeavor to provide a functional Website, we do not guarantee that your use of the Website will be uninterrupted, error free or that the Website or the server from which it operates are free of viruses or other harmful components. We are not responsible for any loss, corruption or interception of data sent to or from our Website which occurs outside of our computer systems (such as those which occur while being sent over the internet). We recommend that you install and use up-to-date anti-virus and firewall software on your computer. We do not warrant or make any representation regarding your access to, or the results of your access to this Website or any content in terms of correctness, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, reliability or otherwise. We shall not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of you using the Website, or any content which has been uploaded, posted, distributed, published or reproduced by any user of this Website. We do not endorse any opinion, recommendation or advice contained in materials on the Website which have been uploaded, posted, distributed, published or reproduced by any user of this Website.
Under no circumstances (including without limitation, any act or omission on our part) will we be liable for any indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential damages or loss whatsoever which results from any use or access of (or inability to use or access) this Website, or any materials or content on this Website.
16. You agree to indemnify Spiritist Network and Spiritist Society of Baltimore from and against all claims, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis) resulting from your failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
17. This Website will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws in the USA. We make no representations that the materials on this Website are appropriate for use in other locations. Those who access this Website from locations outside of USA do so at their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable it will not affect the remainder of these Terms and Conditions which will continue in full force and effect.
We reserve the right to remove at any time, without notice or explanation, any member account or user-created Service or any particular posting that violates these Terms and Conditions, or to otherwise terminate your access to the Website in our sole discretion.
These terms and conditions were last updated on April 18, 2011.